March was a blur of fun and anticipation. My daughter spent the first few weeks waiting by her computer for her college acceptance. The proverbial mailbox if you will. After months of writing, being recruited, reading up and dreaming about schools, she finally got the news. The week started off sad with a no thank you to her dream school, one she had been recruited for rowing, but who only accepted 5% of the 22,000 students who applied. Then a wait list and another no. All to her top schools.
The sun started shining by the end of the week and she had 5 additional acceptances (she had been admitted to an SEC school in the fall). All of them gave her money, several gave a large amount and she had choices to make.
In the meantime we flew to Chicago with college friends and their kids to see Hamilton! Holy cow, that was a dream. I had purposely kept away from the media, plot and music of the play so that I would be in the moment the entire time. A boy that went to high school here that we saw perform for years was one of the lead characters, making it even more of a special night. The show blew me away and I am now constantly humming songs in my head.
March was a dream.
2017 The List
- Read 100 books 22 and counting
- Join an exercise group of some sort (social)
- Take a class of some sort every quarter So far...Pure Barre and Vive, next up 9 Rounds
- Get my home office cleaned up I am sitting at a clean (ish) desk
- Run a race with friends (Ragnar, relay marathon, something) Signed up
- Spend more time with my girlfriends (Dominique, Ann, Toni, Debbie Sue, Lisa, Stacey, Cindy...) Have let it drop these past few weeks. But I have plans this weekend.
- Take a trip with Steve somewhere neither of us has been Fall
- Do one thing that really scares me every quarter (this will be easy, I am terrified of a lot of things.... mostly to do with water) Still nothing. Can't really think of much.
- Resume the dates with Delaney and Ellie Check
- Spend more time with my parents Not so much
- Spend more time with Steve's parents Dinners with Steve's mom every other Sunday
- Attend church more regularly Not yet.
- Volunteer every quarter other than at GPS Not even that :(