Monday, April 16, 2012

Dirt: Finding your spot on the horizon

I  took a week off from blogging and my mind is fresh and clear.

I have gotten back into most of my good habits. I am exercising almost every day. Started taking my vitamins again, including fish oil. And, I have a routine for my daily life, which most days includes talking to God.

Life is pretty good. 

Sometimes I feel like I am hanging on by a thread. When I try to put my finger on why, I never can find the cause of my distress. I guess it is mostly being in my own head too much. I am overly analytical and always in need of a "cure". My husband is somewhat the same and I suspect we feed off each other.

In my week of reflection, I came to one conclusion that always seems to resonate with me. 
Calmness is not a place, it is a state of mind. Life is like when you are spinning in circles as a little kid, only then you are trying to make yourself dizzy enough to fall down. The trick to keep from getting too dizzy  in your daily life, just like when you are kid, is to find a spot on the horizon and keep your eyes focused on it.

I have always known my faith is my spot on the horizon. I just try to find something easier sometimes to focus on. But in order to have balance, to have calmness in chaos, I need God.