Friday, January 6, 2012

Whatever: New year purge

I have spent the last two days feeling under the weather, so I took down the Christmas and holiday decorations and finally unpacked all but two of my six bags I took to the beach.
(Before you judge, I had one bag of clothing and five other bags of things 
like games, shoes, toiletries, electronics, food, etc.)
Now, I am moving onto actually cleaning my house. 
Beyond the floor that needs mopping, the toilets that need scrubbing and the light switches that need wiping, there is always something when you have a house that is inhabited by anyone other than yourself.If it was me alone, the house would remain spotless except for my chair in the bedroom I pile clothes on and my  cluttered desk.
 
But the three extra people, two dogs, and two cats make a giant mess daily.
Once that is done, I am moving onto purging. 
I did my own closet before Christmas as I couldn't find anything to wear.
Partly because I have no clothes, partly because I still have sweaters from the 90's in my closet, and partly because what I do have and actually wear was overcrowded. Amazingly, I got rid of three garbage bags of clothing. Now, I own a consignment business, so I knew what needed to go and what could be consigned. Most needed to go! (SAD)
I also did a little holiday purge of unused decorations. That was very freeing. 
Now I am moving along to the rest of my house.
And as I just got back from vacation where my worldly belongings was narrowed down to just 6 bags, I feel a fire lit under me to pare the rest of my life down somewhat as well.

My goal is to clear and clean.  
My family is hiding things as we speak. They all hate to get rid of things. 
My husband is the worst. I bet he has 200 t-shirts. ALL are special. 

Clearing the clutter is very freeing. 
It is like clearing your mind. Taking a deep cleansing breath. Losing weight.

New Year To Do List #1 
Clear the clutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment