Sunday, September 22, 2013

Whatever: Weekends

This was a nice relaxing weekend at Casa Swann. I worked Thursday night to get the house ready for Steve's guy cookout that he and his buddies take turns hosting every other Friday. They are all gourmet cooks (one owns a local bakery that makes artisan bread) and so they hangout usually grill and create fancy food. And talk about politics and fitness. Lucky for me, it is while I am at work.


Having the house work done, left the weekend for free time. 
Steve and I went out Friday night to hear locals give short talks in a TED talk type format. This local event is called PechaKucha, and is one of the most interesting things I have attended in Chattanooga. After listening to the talks (20 slides,20 seconds each) we went to hear some live music. One of our newest favorites, The Brother's Comatose stopped in Chattanooga on their way to a huge festival in Bristol. Needless to say, we had a late night, which was fine since the girl both stayed over at friends houses.

We had planned to go trail running, but decided to sleep in since it was raining. We headed to get brunch at 10:30 and found our favorite breakfast spot full with a long line. So we headed over to the newest addition to Chattanooga restaurants, Tupelo Honey,which opened Monday.

The rest of the afternoon was spent picking up kids, working out, finishing a few projects and watching the terrible Tennessee/Florida game. Delaney and I were racing to finish the same e-book (I won) and sat on the couch reading for most of the early evening.

The girls and I watched a movie (a rare treat). 
 I will miss them when they are gone and I have all the time in the world to do whatever I will want. But in the meantime, I will enjoy every time we have a free, relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment