Monday, December 23, 2013

Whatever: The theme is tacky...and little dogs.

Happy Festivus. 
I think only Gen X'ers get that reference. 
I dropped another Gen X reference in a group recently to blank looks.
Lovely.
Meanwhile, at Casa Swann, we relish Festivus.


And Christmas. 



Every year, I have a theme. Wrapping paper theme,  that is. In the past we have had "stripes and dots", "words", "blue and pink" (that year we had pink poodle Christmas paper. Yes, it exists.)
 This year it is dogs. "Little dogs" to be exact. I am personally a big, big fan of little dogs.
 The sillier the better.







 From my Sadie to Ellie's Maybelle, they are beloved little bad asses that keep our cats and couches in line.


So, this year, our wrapping paper reflects that love. 


I also love that Christmas is time to revel in your inner tackiness. I used to belong to that school of thought of white lights and themed ornaments. Then I got real. Three different kinds of lights including shotgun shell lights grace my tree. My ornaments date back to early college and my first solo apartment. And they are ones that the girls have picked out over the years, including Karate Santa and lots and lots of reindeer.
 And Elmo.
I love putting them all up and remembering why and when we got that particular one. 




Sentimental and wacky all rolled into one giant and slightly lopsided tree. 

Perfection.


No comments:

Post a Comment