Monday, November 17, 2014

Dirt: Weird

Hope your weekend was lovely. Mine was rushed, but very good. I cleaned my house, drove to Murfreesboro to see my sisters and then had  Steve's college roommate here for 24 hours.

Seeing my sisters is always great. However, this time was so rushed, I really felt discombobulated after.. My sister had her house decorated for the holidays already. Literally, Santa was waiting when I walked into the door.   I am a firm believer that our country is going to hell in a hand basket and skipping Thanksgiving is the finest example of this. But whatever floats  your boat.

1975 or 1976 Christmas




A very disconcerting thought came into my head yesterday when I posted this picture of our family with our friends at brunch. Steve and Dave met freshman year when they rushed the same fraternity. That was 27 years ago. Literally more than half their lives they have known each other. I have known Dave since I was 24. Which is just a few years shy of half my life. WHAT IS GOING ON?


Aging and all that goes along with that. The fact that Delaney is just three years younger than they were when they met is the weirdest of all.

Harsh reality or great blessings.

I don't know.

What I do know is Thanksgiving is in November and Christmas is in December. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment