Monday, March 7, 2011

Reading: Throw me a bone...

"Oh, Soap Box, you are the bane of my existence. Why, oh why do I climb on you and rant like a loon?"
credit



I digress...
Reading is so much  a part of my daily routine that when I don't have a book, I panic. Last night was one of those nights. 

I remembered too late in the evening that I was not loving the book I have been reading and really did not want to finish it. However, it was  9 pm and I was not going out on such a goofy errand on a Sunday when I had celebrated Mardi Gras like it is meant to be celebrated. Meaning, I ate my weight in Creole soup, red beans, corn muffins and King Cake (I actually ate about 1/4 of one by myself). I also had two glasses of wine AND...wait for it...cheese. Truly, I will pay for it this week, but it was so good.

So, reluctantly, I finished the terrible book I was reading. It was really not THAT bad, but I hated doing it. It is almost like eating mediocre food you overpaid for. Not terrible, but definitely  not pleasant.

So, I am looking for new books. ANY recommendations are accepted and I read everything, but especially historical fiction, historical non-fiction, books about food, travel  and/or  humor. Not a huge fan of murder mystery since I scared the you know what out of myself in my 20's reading Kiss The Girls. I mean really, those books should come with a warning.


My favorite book that I have read recently is  Five Quarters of the Orange by Joanne Harris. She must be a foodie, there is no way around it. For those of you who like Johnny Depp, she also wrote Chocolat. Five Quarters of the Orange has it all, Nazis, food, travel and a secret. Loved it! 



So, throw me a bone...

No comments:

Post a Comment