Friday, March 4, 2011

March came in like a lion...

Well, actually February went out like a lion, but who is gonna be technical. After being scared like never before for about 15 minutes on Monday and not having power for two days, we are back on track. I am doing laundry and running the dishwasher (not hot water meant no dishes done for two and a half days). I dodged a tornado and was super happy that I drive the big car even though it cost me $92 to fill it up yesterday.


I was a busy girl the last two weeks running the consignment business that I own with my business partner and dear friend, Dominique. We are machines during those two weeks and I spent a lot of time driving my car to and from our sale site. Lots of things fell to the wayside, like clean floors and working out. My husband is THE GREATEST and picked up so much slack that I am sure he is exhausted. So, I have not progressed as well as I would like on some of my list, but I still have kept it up.

As the first day of the month...it is time to take stock.

THE LIST

#1 Eat less sugar (Much better! Keeping it out of the house is the best plan. However, it is Mardi Gras and King Cake will be ingested!)
 
#2 Cook a new ethnicity once a week (This is actually the easiest and should not even be on the list. Last night we had Tortilla Miso Shrimp Soup. How ethnic can you get?)
 
#3 Paint the doors and trim in my house (Paint cans have been decorated around!)
 
#4 Read 100 books (Currently at 10 or 11...dong well with this one.)
 
#5 Find inner peace (HA HA HA!)
 
#6 Learn 60 Bible verses (Four. I am so embarrassed.)
 
#8 Reduce my carbon foot print  (Still not buying anything NEW. Did buy consigned clothing for kids and a Lilly skirt for myself at my sale. It has actually be easy to NOT drive due to gas prices and we had no electricity for two and a half days. That counts, right?)

#9 Reduce my spending (Money is flying out, but I did cut our cable/phone/internet bill from $155 to $$65. Cut Netflix to two movies instead of three.  Grocery bill is hovering at the $250 range. If only I could make my own wine...)
 
#10 love more
 
#11 Train for a half marathon (Seven weeks and I am stuck at 6 miles...whatever...!)
 
#12 learn to swim (Not even gonna go there!)

# 13 Embrace my inner craftiness ( I am looking for a vintage frame to make my cork board...have been working on "collecting" wine corks for this project. It has been rough.)
 
 
All in all, I feel like I am on track. The verses are a challenge, but I knew they would be.  Swimming is about overcoming my fear, both of water and of putting on a swimsuit in the dead of winter (SO pale. SO not pretty in the fluorescent lights. SO needed to stop eating sugar 6 months earlier.) However, I am determined to get over it. So...lime green suit, here I come!

I am moving along in my journey and I like where I am heading...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment