Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Gratituesday: Along for the ride

We just got home last night from a whirlwind trip to see my husband's best friend.

Our trip was literally there and back and less than 72 hours.

We had planned quite a few things that did not get done (driving to see my FIL was one of them). 
Our friends have four kids and so with six kids in tow, we were very slow moving.
Instead we hit Busch Gardens.
We hurtled through the park as fast as we could, trying to beat the lines to ride all the rides.
I say "we" like I actually experienced even one roller coaster.
I didn't. I hate them. They make me ill.
But, my husband does love them and for that reason alone 
(and of course many much more important ones), I am glad he is the father of my children.
I would ride them if he hated them, or if I was a single mom. 
But...lucky for all involved, I am not a single mom. And he loves them.
The rides were scary and fun and I am quite sure exhilarating.
I am very grateful I did not ride them.



No comments:

Post a Comment