Monday, May 7, 2012

Eating: Body and soul

One of the book(s) I am reading right now is  
The Handbook for Catholic Moms: Nurturing Your Heart, Mind, Body, and Soul.
I am really enjoying it and, while I am only about five chapters in, I have found many things that I can apply to my daily life.


The Handbook for Catholic Moms: Nurturing Your Heart, Mind, Body, and Soul
As a working (part-time) mom, I am always trying to juggle a million things. 
I have carpool duty, groceries getting, house cleaning, dog duty and of course, errand running. 
Just like every other mom. I am not special in any single way. So, like every other mom, I try to fit it all in. But one thing falls to the "let it slide"pile. That is daily prayer. 
I start talking to God as I am falling asleep. I rarely finish. 
So, now, as the Prayer Warrior for my family, I am going to pray in the car.

Juggling is a mom's best trick

I mean, honestly, I have all my truly  serious conversations with my kids in the car. Why we think Justin Bierber is cute but not worth listening to, who we want to see in concert (The Killers, Florence and the Machine, Plug in Stereo, in case you are buying us tickets) and why girls are mean to each other are all topics we have covered. I also drive about 350 miles a week.
So it makes sense that is where I would talk to God.
When you see me driving around town, talking to myself like a loon. 
Don't call the men in the white jackets, I am talking to God. I am not insane, I am trying to stay sane.
Via

I also get distracted and forget what I want to talk to Him about, so I have started a daily prayer list. You know I love a list. So, I got a dollar notebook and have started listing all the things I want to talk about. If I write it down, I will remember to ask God to help my sister with her teenagers (three!) and to help Delaney's friend whose sister has been in the hospital most of her senior year battling cancer, and to help  me with my duties as mom and wife.

Life is wonderful, overwhelming and chaotic. I am trying to find a little order with my lists and my spot on the wall. What are you doing?

Another list: Weekly menu at Casa Swann
  • Red beans, rice and chicken andouille sausage
  • Shrimp taco salad
  • Crockpot chicken, roasted squash, black-eyed pea salad
  • Spaghetti with  meat sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment