Monday, November 19, 2012

Cooking: Already?

Thanksgiving is finally here.

Or, Christmas is almost here, if you believe the hype.

As a kid, it seemed we celebrated Thanksgiving for weeks.
Dressed like Pilgrims and Indians, sang songs, learned about Plymouth Rock and maize.
Now, Thanksgiving is the speed bump between back to school and Christmas.

I am not a fan of this fast forward through the holidays mentality we have embraced in our country.
Neither are my children.
They are mad about the Christmas decorations, the insipid songs, the commercials.
My oldest posted this on her Facebook page:
 
 

So, as a family, we are firmly committed this year to celebrating the holidays as they should be celebrated, in the order in which they occur.

We are having both mine and Steve's sides of the family together this year (first time EVER). 17 (18 if BIL Mike's mom makes it) people together sharing the bounty that is ours as Americans.

I have been a little behind the game, but my attitude is firmly back on track and I am looking forward to all the trimmings. (I don't eat turkey). I even bought a book on how to be ready for a true American Thanksgiving dinner.

via
I am ready. Bring it.

Amen.

Until Thursday We Must Still Eat Menu

  • Hamburgers
  • Minestrone soup
  • Crock pot chicken soft tacos (part of the krewe arrives)


No comments:

Post a Comment