Friday, April 1, 2011

The List

First of the month and first day of April. Where does the time go? 

Someone explained to me when I was about ten why the time flies so quickly when you are older. A year is a percentage of your life. So, when you are 2 it is half your life. When you are 20, 1/20th of your life. If you live to be 80, a year must just seem like a blink of an eye.

I am not going to go over the entire list, as my time is precious this next week with the usual rehearsals, soccer practice, driving the chauffeur service, cooking, cleaning, etc. Next week is the debut of my newest business venture with my partner (business not life) and we are crazy busy.

I recently read an article about a girl who keeps a list of things she has done instead of things she wants to do. She tries to be spontaneous and embrace things that come her way instead of focusing on what she has not done that she wants to do. I thought that is such a "glass half full" attitude and decided to try it for awhile.

So here is my update for April:
  • I have painted one door, the frame around it and the trim nearest it. That took me almost 4 hours.
  • I have read more than a dozen books. I am reading two right now and I listened to most of True Grit while doing the walking training for the half marathon I am doing in April.
  • I have cooked Irish, Thai, Indian, Mexican and Greek meals so far this year.
  • I bought two of my daughters birthday presents at a consignment sale and they were embraced with great enthusiasm. 
  • I have learned five verses AND two new stories that I had never really thought about from scripture readings. 
  • I started a new art project that I am so excited about. It should be ready for viewing in December. It involves two of my favorite things...art and wine.

I have also started a new business, continued working out despite being in a slump, changed the configuration of my girls' rooms and decorated them both without buying anything, built one website and am working on another for my husband all while doing  about 400 loads of laundry  and cooking 250 meals this year. I'd say I am doing pretty darn well.







No comments:

Post a Comment