Monday, December 19, 2011

Food: Preparing for the winter months

I always get skinny in the winter. 
It's weird. The more clothes I need, the skinnier I am.
Summer, fat as mud.

I think it is the amount of soup I eat in the winter. I have said before how much I love soup. 
I am truly a freak about it.
My  husband is going to be at his breaking point soon, but until then...

We want SOUP!

Casa Swann's storing up for the winter menu

Butter nut squash soup (I made it already...AMAZING!) with spinach biscuits
Venison tenderloin, sauteed kale, roasted sweet potatoes
Mexican Tortilla Pizza (Chalupas for all you Texans)
Tomato Tortellini soup


To counteract all this healthy soup, the girls and I will be making cookies, cookies and more cookies.
Ginger Molasses, chocolate swirl, snickerdoodles and something with some serious heft are all in order. As is eggnog and maybe a lovely cake. Baking is a holiday tradition after all!
via landolakes.com



No comments:

Post a Comment