Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Cooking: Oh, slow cooker, oh slow cooker...you are my best friend!



The holidays are here! 

 

I am in the spirit in every way except buying gifts. 
I have bought a few, but nothing grand or exciting.
I miss having little kids for that very reason.


I am really excited, though, by how much fun I am having with my kids.

This morning for instance, we went and bought presents (Hershey Kisses and nail polish) for one daughter's friends after her plan to make them all cookies fell apart last night when we realized we needed about 100 cookies. We sat in the parking lot of Walgreens stuffing bags, tying them up and listening to and singing Christmas carols. I noticed the moment for once and it was really awesome.

This week, we are finishing up school for the year. Then the real fun begins. 
Marathon movies (did this Sunday and it was glorious), hot chocolate, starting finishing shopping, wrapping presents, making cookies and just having fun is the name of the game.
 Swim practice is our only obligation. Meals will be easy and hopefully in the crock pot
 The holidays are here.


Casa Swann Week Before Christmas Menu
  • Tomato soup, frittata with mushroom, zucchini and red peppers, bacon,corn bread
  • Crockpot bbq chicken sandwiches, oven roasted eggplant and zucchini,  sauteed kale, baked sweet potato for Momma
  • Chicken Tortilla soup, Veggie tortilla soup
  • Baked Chicken, sauteed kale, sweet potato biscuits
  • Chili

No comments:

Post a Comment