Sunday, December 30, 2012

Whatever: Where your heart lies...so is your treasure

Holy Macaroni (favorite phrase from one of my funnier friends)!

2012 is almost over!

How in the world did it go by so quickly?
Guess I need to order some of these beauties...

Seems like just a few weeks ago, I was planning my year.
Now, I am faced with a brand new blank year, with lots of possibilities.

Amazing how fast time flies, especially once you have kids (or more than one). I feel like I am on fast forward through my life anymore.

I have lots of plans for my 42nd year on this planet.
Some are long term and some are more easily one and done. Most are not life changing, but hopefully will be building blocks to a better and continually improving life.

 

Today, however on this next to the last day of the year, I am doing two things.
The first is wishing my darling nephew, Joe a happy 22nd birthday.
He is one of the best people I know, in the glorious time of his life when all things are possible and nothing is weighing him down. While I would not want to be 22 again, I am a little jealous of the sureness of his step. My birthday wish to him is that the sureness of 22 remains with him the remainder of his long, lovely life.

The other thing I am doing is taking stock of my wonderful life.
I have parents, siblings, spouse, kids, cousins, nephews and nieces, a grandmother, uncles and aunts, brothers-in-law (4) and more friends than I can count on my fingers. 



Those are the riches of life and I am very wealthy.





 When I think of what could be lost that would devastate me, it is those people. I have experienced loss every year for the past eleven years in some form or another and every loss hurts just like the last, never getting easier.
But as best said by C.S. Lewis:  “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art… It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.”
My friends and my family are what make my journey a rich one.



No comments:

Post a Comment