Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Gratituesday: A weekend of fun and family

Such a fun weekend.
 
 
My brother, Eddie, who lives in the  Dallas area  (Allen to be exact) came to visit my parents at their farm. He and his wife and two sons drove a million hours (or 13) and then drove a million more while they were here (Atlanta, Nashville and Chattanooga were all on their hit list). 
We hung out with them earlier in the week  and caught a Lookouts game with them Friday.
The weather was perfect!



 
We normally only see them every two years and so it was a treat to see them.
 

Saturday, my sister Jennifer came into town with her husband and kids.

We got tickets to a event at the local zoo. We had a blast. The carni folk tasted barbecuefrom 8 or so vendors, the adults had a beverage, a wonderful local bluegrass band played and we had free reign of the zoo and all the exhibits. I was extremely impressed with all the improvements at the zoo. We really enjoyed ourselves.

 
 
Sunday we got up and went for a hike with our families. The weather could not have been better. We have had so much rain this summer that I forgot what low humidity felt like. Chattanooga is gorgeous and our hike was really rewarding. We really enjoyed ourselves.





 
After our hike, we hit the Chattanooga Market for lunch and music. Then headed home to build a fire. Yep, a fire. Steve and my brother-in-law burned a huge stump. For about 6 hours.

We grilled out and made a delicious dinner including fresh peach upside down cake. The dinner we cooked was the perfect ending to a very busy and very fun weekend.

 
Hope yours was just as lovely.
 

I cannot think of anything more gratifying than being outside and entertained, except being so with the family that you miss most of the year.

I am so grateful to have an extended family and for the time I get to spend with them. They are such a gift to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment