Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Gratituesday: Momma got a message

I am so excited I can barely stand it. 
Someone gave me advice over a year ago to be open to new things. 
That is not a common feeling of mine. I tend to be wary of things. Some call it controlling, I call it cautious. I married the opposite of cautious and it has been a grand adventure.
 
 

But I digress. 
In my effort to be open to new things, I have started saying "YES". Yes to volunteering for a fundraising event. Yes to my daughter's request we try a new church. Yes, to a new hair color that I have toyed with for months. Yes to new friends and being "friends"  on Facebook with people. 
Yes, to a new job opportunity.
 

Yes, yes, yes. 





I saw a Facebook post by a mother of friend of Ellie's whom I have gotten to know a little from dropping Ellie off at their house and sitting and watching her daughter and mine play lacrosse.  She is a friend of a friend, an acquaintance. 
The post was really a help wanted ad looking for an administrative assistant for a business she was starting with her partner.
I contacted her immediately without even thinking about it. After we spoke on the phone, I arranged to meet with them both. Their enthusiasm was contagious.


Long story short, I have been working a few hours here and there and start next Wednesday. 
Open and YES! have led me to a new job, one that uses my skills. One that I am excited about. 
One that I am really looking forward to starting.

I cannot thank said advice giver. She has brought more into my life than I could have ever thought possible. The lesson I take away is this " God puts people in your life for a reason. He speaks through them, uses their skills for His purpose and blesses them for being open. All we have to do is be open as well to hear His message for us. " 
 

I am so grateful for Sunshine Girl and her "be open message", for my new bosses and their enthusiasm and for my husband, the original adventurer in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment