Saturday, August 24, 2013

InstaFriday: Three great things of my week

First full week of real job work in almost 15 years. 
Loved it. 

First week of school for the girls. Homework (at least 2 hours every night...the odd years are tough) and swimming are back full swing. Parties and fun times are being had. Life is back.

Thee  great things happened this week. My Daddy's birthday was Monday and while I did not get to see him then, I did celebrate with him on Wednesday. There are few people that impact a girl like their Daddy. I got very lucky. Mine came into my life when I was two and stayed. Supportive and fun, he has always been a big influence in my life. I love music, I believe because I listened to him play guitar as a little girl.  I owe him a lot.

Daddy at 14



 The second great thing was I got to see my favorite uncle in the world. 
Of course, I forgot to take a picture of us. To busy living the moment.
He and my aunt live on a ranch in Texas. They lead pretty cool lives with dogs, deer and soon, horses on their property. He is intense and whip smart, which makes for great conversations, that I get too few of. She is funny and intense. They are a great pair.


The third? Well, I danced in the rain to some of the happiest music I have heard in a long time.
Loved it. Needed it. 
The band Leagues came and played free at our summer concert series and of course, it rained. 
Steve and I danced in front of the stage. With little kids and grown ups getting down around us. 
Best feeling in the world. 
Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment