Monday, August 12, 2013

Cooking: A menu means routine or vice versa

My love/hate relationship with kids going back to school continues.
Hate the hassle of getting everyone out the door. Love that food I buy lasts more than 15 seconds.
Hate that my kids social lives trump mine. Love that my kids have social lives and are not bugging me to create fun for them. Hate the nagging "do your home work" "bring home all the pieces of your uniform" and the ever popular "check the lost and found for your uniform". 
Love a schedule. 
 
Uniforms change colors as they move up

Along with a schedule comes meal planning. Cooking and eating never take a vacation at my house (we actually cook on vacation), but sometimes we are a little more "fly by the seat of our pants". 
Sometimes I run out of food (*Ahem ALL SUMMER).

Back to school means back to a menu. 

Here's this week's:
 Casa Swann Momma's Gotta Job/ 
Girls Gotta Get Some Learnin' Menu
  • Pulled chicken sandwiches/ oven fried okra/ baked sweet potato fries
  • Tomato pie with bacon/ sauteed kale
  • Red Beans and Rice/ Sausage
  • Grilled chicken and veggie flat bread sandwiches

No comments:

Post a Comment