Monday, January 12, 2015

Cooking: A little Cat Stevens

My daughters have gotten into Cat Stevens (Yusuf Islam) after Delaney and I heard him being interviewed on the way home from choir practice. She was so intrigued by his voice and that he gave up being famous and singing for his faith.
 

I have to say, I love Cat Stevens and always have. As a child, my mom loved him and so I knew all the words to his popular songs. Just like every other child of the 70's, I know all the songs to Morning Has Broken and Peace Train. But one that I did not know and that I now love, is  "If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out..." I love this song. The lyrics are so peppy and wonderful. Very Cat Stevens typical.  I think it is awesome that my daughters can be found sitting around the kitchen table, doing homework, singing along to Cat Stevens. It is almost like a Wes Anderson scene, except we are not color coordinated enough.

This week, if you are sad or need a pick me up, give Cat Stevens a little listen. Also, if you want to read a cool blog about ear worm songs and get a little musical history, read my girl Nikki's blog, Mommy Mixtapes.


Sing Out for your Supper

  • Baked chicken legs, green beans, quinoa and power greens salad, baked sweet potato (for me)
  • Fritatta (swim meet)
  • Asian Shrimp and broccoli with  black bean noodles
  •  Smoked turkey thighs, creamed spinach, sauteed squash
  • Dinner out (dance, date, date)
  • Chili



1 comment:

  1. I listen to my words but they fall far below
    I let my music take me where my heart wants to go

    Love you dear friend!

    ReplyDelete