Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Gratituesday: Wine, Exercise and Bookclub

Gratituesday is  back! I have slowly gotten back into my blogging routine. Lots of thoughts rambling around in this head of mine. Harder to put them on the screen. However, I feel better when I do, calmer in the brain area.

Gratitude is something I try to instill in my children as well as in myself. Being a grateful person is hard sometimes. I get caught up in the fairness of things, perceived or real. I live a pretty great life of my own choosing. My kids are amazingly healthy and full of life. My husband loves me and is doing a job he loves. Pretty great, right?


Here is this week's gratituesday list.



  • Slippers for Christmas made of shearling that I wear except when I leave the house. (I did take teenagers to a dance with them on, but I did not exit the car)
  • Wine. A glass of wine every. single. night. Makes me happy.
  • Parents who travel the country and the world.
  • Children who do their own laundry. This should actually be number 1. 
  • A new book club, that is reading good books.
  •  Pure Barre classes
  • Burpee challenge. No more bat wings/bingo jigglers for me.
  • Friends who, for some unknown reason, still like me even though I am awkward and self centered. 
  • The Girls Preparatory School. I could go on and on as to why I am grateful for this school. But the reality of it is this: my girls are thriving, striving and surrounded by girls from all different backgrounds, faiths, mindedness (open and closed) and a faculty that is dedicated to their success. Kool-aid drunk.
  • Hiking: turning into something other than exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment