Sunday, February 1, 2015

Whatever: Februrary The List

Here it is already, the first day of February. That weird month of president birthdays, Valentines days and cold weather.  I always associate February with cold. Even growing up in Texas, it seemed February was the "real winter". Now it is that month that is full of holiday breaks (kids), chocolate (me) and being cold.

My parents celebrate an anniversary this month. The loonies got married on Leap Day. So weird. Just like them. Happy anniversary month, Mom and Dad! I love you and the weirdness that makes you both so awesome.

 


I am working on my list this year, keeping it in mind when I plan meals, workout, plan for the future... I love lists and this is a good one this year. A doable one, for sure.

February 2015 THE LIST 

  • Get the piano tuned : I'm on the list for the tuner to call. Apparently they are in high demand this time of year.
  • Start piano lessons (Me!): See above
  • Read 55 books including the Ken Follet Century Books : I have read 7 books so far this year! Truly a record!
  • Cook one new ethnicity meal a week: So far, Thai, Italian and Mexican. Turns out, I don't need new ethnicity, just new recipes.
  • Hike 50 hikes :Three hikes so far. Prentice Cooper, Sunset Rock and Point Park. Total: 11 miles
  • Redo my kitchen and bathroom floors (learn to tile!): Later this year.
  • Take the popcorn ceiling down in my living room:Later this year
  • Paint the downstairs ceilings:Later this year
  • Take girls on dates: They are busier than me!
  • Read the Bible : Not a page
  • Start phase II of landscape plan: Starting planning.
  • Purge, purge, purge! : Three bags already left. Working on books next
  • Say YES!  Joined a bookclub AND a running group.
  • Exercise 5 days a week. So far so good! Yesterday, twice!

No comments:

Post a Comment