Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Food: A quick recipe

We went to a cooking/eating class last week.
Like we need lessons in either...
But we did have a fun salad, which I tried to replicate at home on Sunday.
Grilled Romaine is lovely, but not something you have every week.

Of course, I thought I had all the ingredients and of course, I did not.
So, instead of parmesan crisps...
I improvised and made grilled feta. 

Recipe below.
Tanya's Made up grilled feta

1 block of feta cheese
olive oil
black pepper
crushed red peppers
1/2 tsp. basil (dried)
6 cherry tomatoes (sliced almost all the way through)

One a sheet of foil (large enough to make a packet around the feta), place feta. Drizzle with olive oil (about 1 1/2 tsp. or use the technical measurement of "count to 2"), sprinkle with basil, grind black pepper a few time and as much crushed red pepper as you think you will like. We like spicey, so I out about 1 tbl. (Counted to 3). It was really spicy, so proceed with caution.  Add the tomatoes,wrap up in foil and place on a medium grill for about 8 minutes. Serve on a salad or as a dip. Would really taste lovely with apples or pears as well. 

Reheat left over cheese in oven at 350 for about 10 minutes. YUM!

This was absolutely delicious and we still have about half left after eating it for dinner and lunch (with crackers...pesky kids ate all the fruit).

I wish I had taken a photo...but let me just tell you...when you eat it you look like this...
It is that good!



No comments:

Post a Comment