Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Gratituesday: Valentine's day

Happy  St. Valentine's day!
St. Valentine was a Catholic priest, martyred for going against Roman decree and continuing to perform marriages. He felt love and God were important and died for his beliefs.

We don't usually talk about that part of Valentine's day, preferring to focus on cupid, hearts, flowers and my very favorite...chocolate.
via
I am not a huge Valentine's day devotee, but I do like the idea of honoring someone who felt that marriage was important enough to risk his life to make sure it happened. 

I am lucky to be in a really good marriage. My husband and I argue, fume, pout and whine (oh wait, those last three are just me) like the best of them. However, we also are great friends, have each others back and put the other person first most of the time. He is my biggest fan and supports all my crazy ideas, and I think he can pick up entire trees all by himself!
We work hard to keep our marriage alive and I, for one, am happier in my own life because of it.

Being a Valentine to me, means being willing to lay down my self for love. Asking myself what is the best for us, not just me.  I am grateful for my Valentine!
We are in love


No comments:

Post a Comment