Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Dirt: Vacation has restored my will

It's Wednesday and I am just about recovered from our vacation.
Had such a wonderful time and it really was a great bonding experience for the members of Casa Swann. We had a lovely dog/cat sitter who sent us daily photos of our pets. I ate more carbs than I had in months, stayed out til 3 a.m., laughed myself silly walking on The Mall with my girls and thoroughly was amazed by my  husband's restraint when we couldn't find the bike share return.

I was overwhelmed by the sheer size of the Kennedy Center


Now, I am home and full of plans for my house. 
Little things that need to be cleaned and cleaned out.
Big things that need to be repaired and ripped out (carpet).
There is something about a good vacation that does that to me. Fires me up so to speak.



With my new job, I am free early in the morning and later in the afternoon, so I have more time to actually do things. So, I started a list (you know I love them!) of all the things that we need to do around our house. My  house was built in 1925 and it requires TLC to keep it up. Said house would also love a live in handy person, but that does not live here. Instead, two people who like to travel and eat. Those skills don't transfer to owning an old house.

But,  we I can paint the trim and stain a deck. I can clean out closets like a champ. 

So...this week, I started a list.

And after I finish the laundry. 
I am starting on it.
Don't worry, I won't bore you with it. 
BUT... I will share the projects as I do them. 

Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment