Monday, October 8, 2012

Cooking: I loathe Fall

I am probably the only person in the south that loathes the Fall.
Other than football and s'mores, I really don't see what is so redeeming about Fall.

The weather is weird. Today is is 50 and raining. Yuck.
Trees lose their leaves and make a wet, slippery mess. 
The temperature is too hot for a coat and too cold for just a shirt and sweater.
GRRR! 
Conflicted dressing at it's best...shorts and tee...sweater and vest.

The other redeeming thing about Fall is soup.
I love soup. 
I am going to be an amazing old lady.
Soup and beauty shops. 
Yep. I am going to rock.

I found a great website with loads of soup recipes. 
16 Fall Skinny Soups is the title of the post. 
Love it!
We had a great weekend of bluegrass, visit from Grandpa, cultural eating at Culture Fest, a hike, shopping for jeans for the kid who is outgrowing clothes faster than I can buy them (literally, she had no jeans this weekend, but had 4 pairs in her drawer that fit in August) and a fire or two.
Now we are enjoying our last lazy day until Thanksgiving break and finishing up laundry and the last season of Glee.
Doesn't like Fall...likes to grow instead. And dress well.
Okay, Fall may be sorta fun.
Casa Swann Fall is okay Menu 
  • Spaghetti with meatballs
  • Vegetable taco soup
  • Garlicky tomato with spaghetti squash
  • Delaney's Steak and Vegetable Stew (recipe next week)

No comments:

Post a Comment