Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Gratituesday: GIRLS!



I am grateful for my children.
Today on the way to school, I told them that I wouldn't change a thing about them.

They are smart, funny, quirky and truly amazing to watch.

As my youngest got out of the car this morning, I watched her walk into school.
She is confident and still "little" with her eagerness to be at school. 
Part of that is going to a school that embraces the "6th grade babies" (one of their school songs). 
I love that. 

So, as we count our blessings and watch our pennies to send our girls
to an "all girls" school, I am grateful.
Very, very grateful that they are a part of a culture that praises women for their strength, creativity and competitiveness. They are encouraged to be themselves at every age and for the most part are celebrated by their peers for their accomplishments and supported in their goals.
Pretty special, if you ask me.

(Mine is on of the last ones who stops and hugs her "Cat" on the way to her seat)

No comments:

Post a Comment