Thursday, May 9, 2013

Exercising: Getting back on the horse or in a bikini

So after my delusional winter of  giving lip service to working out, I am back full force.
Seriously...I like wearing shorts and not having bat wings or a belly.
I have been at the gym or worked out at home at least 5 times a week for the past 6 weeks. 
The 6 lbs that have been lurking for months are still here, apparently it is never leaving.
I have made peace with that fact, but I am going to whip it into shape, non the less.
Aging is tricky. We make concessions for our aging bodies. Weakening knees can't run as often, backs can't lift as much. I personally find that is an excuse we use to let ourselves off the hook. 
If I can't run, I need to figure something else out. Being a weak old lady is not the fate I want to experience. I have seen too many "middle aged" people who are on the fast track to aging. I am going to fight it.
http://www.movenoticias.com/cms2/uploads/Sharon-Stone.jpg
55 years old and my goal (via)

 
My sister is currently studying to be a personal trainer. As the family "skinny person" she works out for her sanity, to be strong and healthy and a little for vanity. Don't we all. 
I value her knowledge and advice and she helped me a couple of weeks ago by steering me in the direction of tweaking my diet a little bit to maybe help me say good by to the before mentioned 6 pounds. I have increased my protein intake a little  by drinking a  protein shake. So far, so good.

http://realrawhealth.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/proteinfatties.gif
Via
So, when she asked me to do a bikini boot camp challenge with her, I accepted. I mean, it is always great to have someone to be responsible to when you are working out. Never mind that she lives in Ohio. We talk or text almost daily, so this is almost as good as working out together.
http://www.gosupersisters.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bikini-bootcamp-promo1.jpg
Sign up Here
As sisters we have bonded over eating and exercising. Both of us have an interest in the benefits of both. And truth be told, at least for me, after having an obese parent, I am moritified by the thought of being fat. Vane, I know. Reality? Yep.

So, as the 6 week event progresses, I will continue to workout and eat right. 
In my quest to satisfy my never ending sweet tooth, I made cake for one  last  night.
If you like dark chocolate that is not super sweet, I highly recommend it.
This little dessert saved me from making the Texas Sheet Cake I was craving instead.

What are you doing for health/vanity?



 Microwave Cake for One in a Mug
  • 2 tbl.  cocoa powder
  • 3 tablespoons flour 
  • pinch of salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 1/2 tbl sugar
  • 1 tablespoon coconut  oil
  • 3 tablespoons almond milk
  • 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Mix dry ingredients together and stir with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and micro 3-40 seconds. Stir and micro another 20-30 seconds. VERY HOT...cool, then enjoy. 

This was a mixture of several recipes. I wanted to add coffee, but we were out. Steve was my guinea pig and had the first one. I used less sugar for mine and added a scoop of cool whip. The one I had is above.

No comments:

Post a Comment