Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Whatever: Happy Birthday to my special girl

It's finally here...
my baby girl turns 12 tonight at 11:20.


So hard to believe that 12 years have gone by since she was born.
Like her birth (home birth) she is non-traditional. Funny, smart and extremely loyal to her friends, Ellie is one of the best people I know. 

As a Kindergartener, she befriended the little boy with Aspergers and made him feel comfortable. 
In third grade, she spotted a hilarious genius in the "weird kid" that everyone picked on and helped him rise to being on of the most popular kids by the end of 4th grade. Her report cards have consistently said " leader in her class" and " has mature sense of humor". Self deprecating and friendly? Yep, that's my girl.
She loves her friends like sisters and misses her sister when she is gone. 

Her art is amazing and I find little doodles everywhere. She has spent hours learning to draw hands and feet for her beloved manga characters. Fashion is a huge interest for her and she puts together outfits that I would never have thought would work.  When I look at fashion magazines, I often see styles that she has already put together. 





As a mom, I could not have picked a sweeter kid. She has always been quick with a compliment, including, " You are the best mom I ever had". 
 

I don't worry about her finding her way. She is one of the most stubborn children I have ever met, and as a teenager, I suspect will not go along with peer pressure. Instead she will beat her own drum and have others follow it like a true Pied Piper.



 
I just hope she remembers to come home and hangout with me. 


Happy Birthday Elizabeth Hayden Swann...you'll always be Ellie Belle to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment