Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Gratituesday: Being selfish

This week, I am being a little selfish.
I have been trying to get things done around my house. Like painting trim (the bane of my existence) and going through my holiday decorations, you know fun stuff. However, I am failing miserably because, well, I don't wanna do it!!!
Can't I just hire these guys and go get my nails done?


Instead, I want to figure out what my kids are getting for Christmas and how to make a slipcover for my ugly chair.  I want to mess with my new iPhone and take pictures of myself with my new favorite app, Instagra.m. ( My Christmas card will be Instagram, by the way).  I want to spend nine hours deciding which font will go best with my Instagra.m Christmas card. Helvetica or American Dreams. I want to read my book or watch a movie and NOT paint the freakin' trim.


So my gratituesday is about how lucky I am to be me. Maybe I will get it out of my system.


Tanya's Gratitude list 
(third person seems so apropros)

  • Pinterest- my newest favorite way to waste time
  • Netflix- I always have a movie that needs to be watched
  • No job- self explanatory
  • tolerant husband-let's me do what I want and the house could literally be falling down and he would not care.
  • Books- can't live without them and I have a fairly steady supply of them to read
  • Family that for the most part will eat whatever is put before them allowing me time to surf Pinterest on my iPhone instead of creating a fancy dinner.
  • Friends that love me, even when all they get from me is a text message that makes little if any sense. Thanks auto correct for making me seem insane.
  • The internet- I can shop from the comfort of my office, with my little heater keeping my feet warm. Almost like being at the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment