Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Gratituesday: Running and Ragnar

Yo, it's Tuesday and I am still kicking it on my weekend runner's high!
Loved Ragnar and will definitely do it again. 
30 hours in a van with 6 other stinky people. 
3 hours of sleep. 
Ran my second leg at 1:30 am.
First leg was 4 miles down a mountain and then 4 miles of miserable flatness.
Finished amid a motorcycle parade that about burst my eardrums. Total distance for me, 18  miles.
ALL fun!
Best team EVER...Pacers and Chasers




I am so lucky to have had that opportunity to have been in that van with those people. 
Cheering them on and getting giddy with exhaustion was so unbelievably fun and rewarding.
Normally, I feel let down after an event. Especially one like a marathon or half marathon where I have put hours and hours of training in.
This was different and I am now an addict.

Gratituesday 

  • My awesome team, Pacers and Chasers
  • My lovely business partner and bestie whose husband drove us all over hell and half of Tennessee. I love you, Paul.
  • The fact that we had three Pauls, two Joes, and two Steves on our teams. They all kicked road butt!
  • My mother-in-law who kept our dogs
  • My parents who chauffered kids here and there
  • My awesome friend, Ann O'Brien whom I am nominating for sainthood. She not only kept my daughter for the weekend, but she also took her to the soccer tournament. She is my hero, for lots of reasons and I am lucky to even know her.
  • The fact that my kids go with the flow and are self sufficient. I was exhausted on Saturday night and Sunday. Love you girls.
  • My husband, without his excellent chiropractic skills, I would be a prescription med junkie. Not joking here, he keeps me upright with a collapsed disk and able to run and be active. 
  • My awesome husband who ran like the wind and supported me via texts and pepto when I got sick between legs one and two.
  • My health. I realize more and more that it is a gift from God and I do not take it lightly. 
  • All three volunteers who gave up sleep and their time to help on the course. One was my super star sister, Karen. Best volunteer at Ragnar should be  your title!
Life is getting back to "normal" now. My daughter has the lead in the school play this week and two months of rehearsals will culminate in her three  performances. My youngest finishes a tough season of select soccer which was a challenge mentally and physically for her with a tournament in Atlanta this weekend.  We will have more family time and less driving time. I am thankful for the activities and for the down time when they are over. I have a couple more races this year and then will begin looking or my next Ragnar experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment