Thursday, January 24, 2013

Reading: A list!

Last year I made a list (shocker!) of all the books I wanted to read in 2012. 
As a refresher, here is it is...along with what I read.


The List of Books, 2012 edition
  1. Unbroken
  2. The Hours
  3. All the Devils are Here
  4. Boomerang
  5. Sarah's Key
  6. The Sound and the Fury
  7. Ulysses
  8. The Omnivore's Dilemma
  9. Middlesex
  10. Bossypants
  11. The Grapes of Wrath
  12. In Defense of Food
  13. The Poisonwood Bible
  14. The Paris Wife
  15. The Pillars of the Earth
  16. Kisses From Katie
  17. What the Dog Saw
  18. Wuthering Heights
  19. Steve Jobs
  20. Atlas Shrugged
  21. True Prep
  22. A Simple Path
  23. In the Garden Of Beasts
  24. The Complete Idiots Guide to Understanding Islam
  25. Jane Eyre
  26. Stern Men
  27. Van Gogh: The Life
  28. Wolf: The Lives of Jack London
  29. Salvage the Bones
  30. Delta Wedding


I feel like I did fairly well, reading 13 off my list. I started Ulysses, but couldn't get into it and I decided not to read Kisses From Katie after I read the reviews and decided I was not really that interested in reading  the book. I got a Kindle for my birthday and it has taken a while to get used to it. I still prefer a book over the Kindle, but at 10:05 when I finish whatever book I am reading, it is nice to be able to download something right then. Also, my daughter's school has an online library and I intend to "borrow" books from them as well.

This year, I am going to make a list again. I found it helpful to have something to look for when I was without a book and it challenges me to read beyond my usual books about food, WWII, and historical tragedies. I am always taking suggestions and appreciate any you might have. Email, comment or even better, drop a book in my mail box. I love those!

The List of Books, 2013 edition

  1. Wolf:  The Lives of Jack London
  2. Sarah's  Key
  3. Bossy Pants
  4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  5. Lolita
  6. Let's Pretend This Never Happened
  7. Team of Rivals
  8. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
  9. The Pillars of the Earth
  10. The Silver Linings Playbook
  11. Unbroken
  12. One Thousand Gifts 
The list is shorter this year, as I was a little ambitious last year. My life has changed now that I work part-time. My nighttime reading is cut short since I am actually tired ( I think it is being 41). However, I sat on my couch last week and read a book for two hours. I felt like I was on vacation. 

Maybe I should try this...via

No comments:

Post a Comment