Sunday, January 27, 2013

Whatever: Musical wish list


Sometimes, I am a teenager. At least in my mind. The mirror tells me otherwise (wrinkles, grays, pounds) but my mind and my ears tell me I am still 18. Take for instance, my year's wish list of music to see. My musical taste runs the gamut from bluegrass to full on rock n roll.
I want to see several big acts (Bieber is not one) and I am willing to go without to see them. I don't have posters on my wall of my favorite lead singers, but I do have a pin board, which is way cooler.
Way.



I have been pretty lucky that I have seen a lot of music in my day. My girlfriends Stacey and Nikki are probably the only other girls that I am friends with  that have seen as much cool music as I have. Last night at dinner, for instance, Stacey dropped Aerosmith in their heyday like she was saying she saw the latest episode of Downton Abbey. I love Aerosmith, so I am "totes jealous" as my teenage daughter would say.  Totes. Nikki, well she is another story that is too long to tell.

Nikki saw the Dead with me



Chattanooga has a vibrant music scene and a score of twenty somethings that beat me to the cool music (Jack White,for instance) and so I have to be on my toes.  Luckily, my husband is as into music and seeing live music as I am. We make a decent team.

Team Swann at Gentle Men of the Road

There are so many cool genres of music to hear in town that I really could just go out almost every weekend and hear a new band. For instance, I am going to hear Little Country Giants in a few weeks with the  local singer/song writer Tiffany Taylor who I personally think is the one of the coolest girls in town.  So, in lieu of spending every penny I have on big time music acts, I will get to see up and coming acts and discover new music loves.
Totes cool.
See ya in June, Justin!




Tanya's Wish list for 2013 GOING ON TOUR

  • Matt Costa: Mercy Lounge April 22
  • The Black Keys: Bridgestone Areana May 3
  • The Killers: No USA tour planned
  • Old Crow Medicine Show
  • The Avett Brothers
  • Mumford & Sons
  • Ra Ra Riot
  • Of Monsters and Men
  • Justin Townes Earle :Track 29 June1
  • Weezer
  • Death Cab For Cutie
  • Jack White
  • The Decemberists
  • The Lumineers

1 comment:

  1. If Weezer comes near, count me in! Love you loads Lady Swann:)

    ReplyDelete