Monday, January 31, 2011

Whatever: Checking up on the check list

Don't you love lists? I really do! It is so satisfying to check things off of them and it really makes me feel organized to have them.
I even have a book that is about making random lists such as :
  • Albums to be played on a Sunday afternoon 
  • Knightly duties
  • Incompatible household pets
This is fabulous book entitled  Curious Lists  is the equivalent of a scented candle for me. Stimulating AND relaxing.

So, as I make my Monday lists (Things to do , Menu, and  Errands) and since tomorrow is a new month, I thought I should check my BIG LIST to see how I am doing.

BIG LIST  2011
#1 Eat less sugar (well, I had a doughnut on Saturday night)
#2 Cook a new ethnicity once a week (Last week, Thai AND Indian, this week Mexican)
#3 Paint the doors and trim in my house (Bought paint and brushes...one step closer)
#4 Read 100 books (Have read 7, Summer will be when I make up for lost time)
#5 Find inner peace (Will I know it when I have it?)
#6 Learn 60 Bible verses (Three down, 57 to go...this could be painful)
#7 Get a new hairstyle  (check!)
#8 Reduce my carbon foot print  (currently buying nothing brand new...have lasted one week and realized that ALL of the good sales are in January...a little sad! Looking for other ways as well. Trash this week was only 2 bags for a family of 4 wonder if that is good or not?)
#9 Reduce my spending (See above- plus starting Dave Ramsey's envelope system)
#10 love more (I  must have been in a bad mood when I put this on here, but I will say, I have made a conscious decision not to be a basher. It is a bad habit that I am trying to break)
#11 Train for a half marathon (CHECK- I am actually a little bit ahead as I know the weather will be bad again in a week or two)
#12 learn to swim (have been practicing holding my breath in the shower...does that count?)
# 13 Embrace my inner craftiness ( hard to do since I don't have the supplies to create what I want and I can't buy anything new...but I did hang my Mardi Gras wreath which I made last year from crap items lying around my house. )

So...I guess I am doing pretty well.  They say you have to do something 30-40 times to make it a habit.  Life is a journey that needs lots of lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment