Monday, February 11, 2013

Cooking: Happy Mardi Gras!

It's Mardi Gras!
Time for partying and last minute decadence before we hit the long desert of Lent.
My favorite thing about Mardi Gras is the party.  I used to have huge ones. After I had kids, we even had floats! This year it has been a little less party, but the sentiment is still the same.

I made a GIANT king cake  this year (I left it for it's second rise while I was at Mass and Mass ran about 30  minutes longer than I had expected)and promptly ate half of it. Yep, I literally ate about 4,000 calories of cake between Saturday and Sunday.  Enjoyed every second of it. I mean, I make it once a year and damn if I am not going to enjoy it!


Steve made jambalaya and once I find his recipe, I will post it. But suffice it to say, it makes about 103 servings and so we are having it for dinner tonight.

Happy Mardi Gras to you! 






 Mardi Gras/Lent Week at Casa Swann Menu
  • Jambalya
  • Beef/ Kale enchiladas
  • Kitchen Sink salad (Ash Wednesday)
  • Valentines Day...Chicken Cacciatorre for my one true love



This is hands down THE best king cake in all the world. I have had them from Mississippi and Louisiana bakers and I have to say, this recipe is way better. Save yourself the $75 and make this one.  Just be ready to eat it all!



No comments:

Post a Comment