Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dirt: I am lazy and need a list

I live and die by lists. Literally. Work, home, grocery store, etc., if there is no list, the rate of completion dips drastically.

This has  nothing to do with lists...I just miss summer.



I have stopped making lists at home for some reason. Funny, how sometimes we will get too comfortable with things and quit doing them. Lists are that thing for me. I make them at work, but not at home. Now, I wander around like a blind person, wondering what I am supposed to be doing.

So, in 2014 the first thing on my official list is...make lists.

Ironic, I know.


2014 Edition of *The List*

  • Make more lists (home, exercise, kids, etc.)
  • Read more books
  • Eat less sugar
  • Find a new activity
  • Plan for workouts 
  • Paint the shed
  • Spend more time with my friends
  • Watch more tv- I am so out of the pop culture loop! 
  • Find a church that works for us all
  • Find a cause other than my children
  • Organize my office
  • Organize my attic/crawl space
  • Organize my holiday crap stuff
  • De-scary my basement
  • Go hear more music
  • Finish the crafts I promised last year (remember that 5 person crafty thing...well, I never finished it!)
  • Go see my sister in Ohio (after the state thaws)
  • Less technology, more conversations
  • More family activities, together, with no complaining (Hello! I am such a whiner!)
  • Keep our saturday trail running dates
  • Finish the backyard project- it's a freaking mess! 
  • Plant a tree
  • Learn to make bread
  •  Finish the freaking painting (I freaking hate freaking painting freaking trim in my freaking house)
  • Save more $ than I did last year
  • Take my kids on more dates
  • Spend more fun time with Steve doing new, fun things
  • Go get real glasses (I have been wearing the drug store reading glasses and I love them!) Amazing how much faster I read now that I can see!
  • Spend more time with my sisters
  • Create something 
  • Eat more goat cheese
  • Start running again...GRRR!

No comments:

Post a Comment