Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Gratituesday: Pasta

Is it just me, or is pasta just the best thing in the whole wide world? Especially if you are like me and you have relegated it to the thing you eat maybe six times a year? Steve and I have considerably cut grains out of our diet the past few years and pasta was one of the first things to go. That was fine by me, since I never have been one who LOVES pasta. That is more Steve's territory.





 That being said, we do eat it on occasion and last week, I was craving it. I am not a huge fan  of red sauce (unlike the rest of my family), so I made a lovely olive oil sauce with garlic, Parmesan and red pepper flakes. The recipe called for broccoli rabe, but since it was not available, spinach stood in.

via

The dish, easy and quick, was so satisfying. I ate the rest cold, for lunch two days later at 3:30 when I got home. I am still thinking about it. There is something so lovely about enjoying something you rarely indulge in and giving yourself permission to do so.



I am a glutton and constantly in battle to not be. I am compulsive about what I eat, and when I love something, I usually love it too much.  Pasta, and now sweets are something that  I have relegated to the "sometimes" bin of my life.When I truly master cutting something out of my life, it usually does not  taste as good when I do eat it again. Weird. Pasta is one of those rarities that does. So,  I am grateful for the enjoyment of that wonderful taste when I do indulge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment